Dr. Olivier Elemento
Director Englander Institute for Precision Medicine and Associate Director at Cornell Medical College
What fascinates Dr. Elemento?
What could you do if you could sequence a tumor? What could you do if you could then replicate a tumor? And what could you do if you applied AI to in vitro fertilization (IVF)? Today we are very excited to bring you three stories that showcase the future of personalized medicine, with one exceptional professor at the heart of them all – Dr. Olivier Elemento. NOTE: We highly recommend you listen to this one on your headphones. Here are key moments and lessons from today’s special episode:
- 3:45 - Studying AI before it was cool
- 6:08 - Medicine, this time it's personal
- 7:05 - A passion for the impossible
- 10:50 - Mindsets: Physicians vs Data Scientists
- 12:30 - Sequencing tumors to treat cancer
- 17:00 - Sequencing your genome in 24 hours
- 24:12 - Replicating tumors to improve drug recipes
- 28:00 - Age related differences between tumors
- 31:24 - Using AI to improve IVF
- 40:13 - Is AI democratizing IVF?
- 42:51 - A call to arms - We need more people with a computer science background
To learn more about Dr. Elemento’s research, visit elementolab.weill.cornell.edu